Personal assistance allowance

The personal assistance allowance enables recipients of an IV/AI helplessness allowance who regularly rely on assistance but wish to continue living at home to hire a person who can provide them with the help they require.

An insured person may claim a personal assistance allowance if they:

  • are in receipt of an IV/AI helplessness allowance scheme and live at home.

Insured individuals who live in a care home but plan to move out of this facility may also apply for an IV/AI personal assistance allowance.

Under certain circumstances, minors and individuals with limited capacity to act are also entitled to a personal assistance allowance.

Last modification 11.05.2022

Top of page